4-Year-Old Girl Birthday Party Ideas

4 year old girl birthday party game ideasThis week is my daughters 4th birthday and I’m a little stressed out about it. For her first 3 birthdays, I got away with just having low key dinners and cake with family at home. But, now that she’s hit the fairy phase in her life and has attended more than a few birthdays over the last 4 years, I know I’m not going to get away with doing that this year.

So, I thought a party at our local playground with a small group of kids would be a good place to start. But, what games or things can the children do together? I could break down and rent a jumpy but I feel that’s a bit of a cop out. Though, I have to admit jumpies are great for having kids stay in one place and letting the parents chill out a bit.

I did some research on the computer for “birthday game ideas for 4-year old girls” and found such games as duck, duck goose, kiss the frog, red light green light etc. that can be played by young preschoolers. Then I started thinking how my daughter is a bit shy when it comes to a large groups of kids and since the day is about her, it may be too much? My husband suggested the kids play croquet. But, I pictured a bunch of 4 year olds running around with mallets in their hands and thought maybe that wasn’t such a good idea.

A friend of mine suggested that since the park has but a few trees and is consistently breezy that I go purchase a bunch of $2 kites and have the kids fly them with their parents. That way both the parents and kids can have fun with each other.

So, that’s what I’m thinking of doing. What do you think? Do you have any birthday party ideas for a shy little 4-year old girl?

Barbie
Kidzui Mom

The KidZui Blog creates a world of fun for kids with tips on kids activities, crafts, movies, games, & more. While you’re here, be sure to download the KidZui browser for FREE. KidZui is the kids’ browser stuffed with fun! It’s jam-packed with millions of YouTube videosonline games, & websites just for kids. Kids have a blast while parents relax because all websites, games, and videos are pre-screened and approved by teachers and parents like you.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 4-Year-Old Girl Birthday Party Ideas

1. Kudra1024 says:

My daughter is 8 now, and while we have done the jumpy thing, it does set a standard for years to come. I would hold off until her 5th or 6th birthday when she is likely to want to invite more kids from her class. Theme parties and arts and crafts are always fun, especially with girls. You mentioned she is in a fairy phase- why not have a fairy theme party? You can make simple wings out of thick stock paper and have the kids decorate them with glitter, stickers, markers, etc. Fairy wands are easy too. You can play pin the wings on the fairy. If there are boys going too, have a Peter Pan/ pirate theme for them. I always have the kids decorate goodie bags when they 1st get there and then incorporate a game where they all can win cheap toys/ pencils/ candy etc. You can have a simple treasure hunt for 4 yr olds similar to an easter egg hunt. Or tell them they are explorers and have them find specific objects. They can do this on there own, with a parent, or with a buddy. Go to birthdaypartyideas.com- best website ever for planning parties- you can search by age and theme and get all sorts of good ideas from other parents about what works/ what doesn’t. There is a whole section dedicated to fairy parties. Good luck!!

2. Kudra1024 says:

3. Lisa says:

I think you have some great ideas already, and I agree with you about the croquet. :-)

My daughter was shy as well, and her fourth birthday was her first with friends too.

I think the key here is keeping it small. We invited 3 friends. These were friends that she already had playdates with on a regular basis. This kept the games easy to manage for me. We played “London Bridge”, sang “If you are happy and you know it”, and did the “Hokey Pokey”. Songs that they all knew and had fun doing. We also had a coloring sheets and a little pinata.

For a princess party you could also do a little craft – decorating a tiara is always a good one. Keeping them busy with fun, familiar activities is a great way to have the party.

If you have something really fun going on, it will draw the shyer children in. Having a parachute (you can use a large bedsheet if you don’t have a parachute) is one of these. Another one, that is always a hit is to have a bunch of balloons blown up. Have them toss the balloons in the air and try to keep it from hitting the ground. Kids love this and keeps them occupied. Have the balloons blown up before the party, hand have twice as many as you have party guests. That way if one breaks right away you can supply a new one.

Good luck!

4. Lisa says:

Good luck!

5. Ilissa S says:

Hi Barbie! Since you say your 4 year old loves fairies, I would host a fairy tea party for her. Since she is only 4, have her pick a small group of up to around 8 little girls (without excluding anyone who could be hurt of course). Have them come dressed as fairies. Give out cheap plastic wands and have each girl invent a “spell” or a funny fairy dance, whatever you can think of. Give small prizes to all. Sit them down for herbal tea and fairy finger sandwiches. Its fun to let them decorate their own sugar cookies or cupcakes for dessert – pre bake them and provide frosting and sprinkles with plastic spoons, etc. You can also buy chunky beads and have the girls string them to make fairy “bracelets”. Finally, you can buy fairy theme temporary tatoos and have them line up while you “tatoo” their arms or back of their hands. Keep it short – an hour to an hour and a half before they start getting cranky.

6. Ilissa S says:

7. Julie tapia says:

thanks i got some great ideas for my 4 yr.old girls party!!!

8. Ro says:

check out this website, http://www.2butterflies.com…. It has a lot of nice products for a 4 year old birthday party….fairy and tea party costumes that comes with activities…etc
    Beautiful products and colors

9. KRISTY BOYD says:

my 4 yr old little girl is haveing a tinkerbell party huge cake with every decoration tink i took glitter foam made cut out every type of fairy for water fairy i cut out 3 rain drops for light fairy i cut out a sun for snow i did a snowflake ect then i put it on a stick i took things like for a snow wand i cut it out then i took glitter glue same color or light blue and traced the out side of the cut out then ;put a diamond on each of the ends then i took the light blue and swirled it all down the stick then i put snow flake ribbon on it ect then i made fairy leaf hats out of cloth type of foam used glitter glue traced all along it then i put a sticker little jewlery on it and wrote snow fairy if ANY ONE IS INTERSTED IN WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE OR WANT THEM I DO PARTY FAVORS OR DECORATE FOR PARTYS PROFFESONALLY SO EMAIL ME KRISTY BOYD EMAIL IS JELMER@WGU.EDU